Fixies are not for everyone, and there is no problem in that. Just as we did the top 10 of fixie bicycles of 2019, today we bring you the TOP 10 of urban bikes of 2020. There is so much variety of urban bike types that the strange thing is not to find the right one for each cyclist. With low bar, with high bar, for having a relaxed position, ready for bike-packing, with a sportive, classic or modern look.
If you are thinking of buying an urban bicycle and do not know which one to choose, you are in the right place. We have created this TOP 10 of the best urban bicycles so that you can compare them and choose the most suitable urban bicycle for you of this 2020. In the following list you can find the description of each bicycle, its main features and our opinion.
List of the 10 best urban bicycles 2020
This is the official list of the best urban bicycles in our Santafixie online store.
- Cinelli Tutto Plus Crystal Blue Persuasion
- BLB Beetle 8v Black
- Redi Classic Plus 7V
- Santafixie Raval Matte Black 30mm 2v
- Fuji Bikes Absolute 1.7 Graphite 2020
- BLB Classic Commuter 3v Horizon Blue
- Pelago Bristol
- Fabricbike City Classic Matte Black 7vd
- FabricBike Commuter
- 6KU Canvas Deep Forest
Analysis of the 10 best urban bicycles of 2020
- Brand: Cinelli
- Model: Tutto Plus Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Price: £785.00
The Cinelli Tutto Plus Crystal Blue Persuasion is the all-terrain version of the legendary Cinelli Tutto. The frame, built in Columbus Cromor tubeset has aggressive track angles but with slight modifications to accept wider wheels, up to 45 mm. This means that with smooth tires and without brakes it could be a perfect a fixie, but with more grippy tires and brakes it can be perfectly a gravel bicycle or even a tracklocross bike. But it is also possible a middle term, which is, mounted with urban tires and brakes. It is the same bike with multiple configuration options.
- Sizes: S (52) – M (54) – L (56) – XL (59)
- Frame: COLUMBUS Cromor tubeset
- Headset: External 1″-1/8. EC 34/28,6 | EC 34/30
- Seat Clamp: Ø 29,8mm
- Front derailleur: Clamp Ø 28,6mm (not included)
- Cable routing: Full External
- Tire clearance: up to 700x38c
- Fork: Columbus Steel 1-1/8”
- Fork weight: 950 g
- Frame weight: 2200 g
- Hub spacing: Front QR 100mm – Rear QR 130mm
- Frame Kit: Front&Rear Rack eyelet/ Front light hole / Front&Rear Fender /F&R Derailleur compatibility
- Stem: CINELLI 6061 Stem / Ø 31,8 / Angle 6° / H 40mm
- Handlebar: CINELLI Flat Handlebar / Ø 31,8 / 15mm Rise
- Crankset: LASCO CNC / 46T
- Seat post: CINELLI 6061 Seat Post / Ø27,2 / L350
- Tape: VELO Grip Rubber
- Bottom bracket: FSA CARTRIDGE SQUARE-TYPE (BB-7420ST) / BSA 68mm
- Brakes standard: Front and Rear removable V-Brake pivot studs
- Brakes: TEKTRO (CL-330TS) Lever / Ø22,2 / TEKTRO (C-310) V-Brave
- Cog: SHINING / Single Speed 18T
- Front derailleur: N/A
- Rear derailleur: N/A
- Shifters: N/A
- Wheels: SHINING (A-M3) 700C / 32H / 622-19
- Tires: KENDA – KWICK / 700x35c
The Cinelli Tutto Plus Crystal Blue Persuasion is the ultimate urban bike. Maybe for the looks there are who see it rough, gross and exaggerated, but because of its performance and the configuration options is like having multiple bicycles in only one. It is not a fixie, it is not an urban nor is it a gravel, but it complies perfectly in all fields, including urban. You can add front and rear bag racks and it is ready to mount a rear derailleur, so the customization options are unlimited. And all of them with the quality and touch of distinction of Cinelli.
- Brand: BLB
- Model: Beetle 8V Black
- Price: £569.00
The BLB Beetle 8v bike is comfort made bike. Its classic steel frame design combines perfectly with chrome details and is complemented by high-quality BLB components. It comes by default with fenders and front luggage rack. On a technical level it has an 8-speed Shimano Acera derailleur and the total weight is only 10 kgs. It is available in 2 more colours: Moss Blue and Chrome.
- Frame: 4130 Steel, Double Butted
- Fork: 4130 Chromoly
- Handlebars: BLB Half Moustache City sweep back
- Stem: BLB Quill polished silver 80mm
- Grips: Synthetic leather grips
- Headset: Chrome 1”
- Seat Post: BLB alloy seatpost
- Saddle: BLB Comfort saddle
- Cranks: BLB City single speed (46t)
- Pedals: BLB City silver pedals
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Bearings Unit
- Shifters: Shimano Acera 8 speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera 8 speed
- Brakes: BLB Caliper
- Fenders: Full Strength Steel With Reflector
- Front Rack: Super Strong Stainless Steel – 10kg (max. load)
- Front Hub: High Flange Polished Silver
- Rear Hub: 8 speed Shimano Polished Silver
- Rims: 700c Classic Double Wall Polished
- Tires: 700x 32 city Puncture Resistant
- Kickstand: Alloy
- BLB Classic Bell
- Weight: 10kg (without extras) – 12.5kg (fully loaded)
In addition to its usefulness to move efficiently through the city there are those who love their bicycle just for its aesthetic component, and we find it totally logical with bicycles as beautiful as the BLB Beetle. But in addition to its elegance, it is a comfortable, light and a resistant urban bicycle. Forged under the English weather, you will love the fenders when it starts to rain, also the front rack to carry the backpack without sweating, the easel to leave it parked and the bell when someone crosses you on the bike path. All these accessories come by default with the BLB Beetle.
- Brand: Reid
- Model: Classic Plus 7V
- Price: £319.00
With a women’s specific geometry, the Reid Classic 7V is a 7-speed Shimano Tourney steel-made bike. It has fenders, rear rack, sidestand, chain and handlebar protector and ergonomic saddle. As an accessory, you can choose front basket. In addition to the color Mint, it is available also in Baby Blue and Coffee.
- Frame and fork: Steel.
- Stem: Promax alloy 1″.
- Grips: Sewn rustic leather design.
- Saddle: Reid Rustic classic saddle.
- Pedals: PVC platform with 9/16” steel axle.
- Brakes: Promax dual pivot.
- Brake levers: Promax alloy.
- Hubs: Bolt-on alloy.
- Rims: Reid Alloy.
- Tyres: 700 x 32C.
- Gears: Shimano Push-button.
- Rear shifter: Shimano Tourney.
- Cassette: Shimano 7-speeds.
- Chain: KMC.
- Chainring: 42 teeth.
- Bottom Bracket: VP 118mm. Sealed bearings.
- Seatpost: Steel, 25,4 mm.
- Accesories: Kickstand, baggage rack and mudguards.
- Basket not included.
- Weight: 15 Kgs.
One of the key factors that many people consider when buying a bicycle is the price. Either because the personal economy does not allow an important disbursement or because it is a good that must be left parked in the street eventually if we move through the city, with its respective risk of theft. Thus, the Reid Classic 7v is a bicycle with a PVP of only £319. To start in urban cycling without making a large outlay is a perfect bike. Even to go out every now and then on Sundays for a walk in the countryside. It is comfortable, beautiful and available in several colours.
- Brand: Santafixie
- Model: Raval Matte Black 30mm 2V
- Price: £459.00
The Santafixie Raval is our bike, a pretty, light, manageable and resistant bike, but fixie (or single-speed). The fact of having only one gear is an impediment for some people who live in uneven areas so we wanted them to enjoy a Raval as well. We searched for a solution that allowed us to maintain aesthetics and low weight but adding a gear, and we did by mounting the Sturmey Archer two-speed rear hub. The rest of the bike is exactly the same as the conventional Santafixie Raval. Also available in Raw finish.
- Frame and fork: Aluminum 6061.
- Crankset: 46T and 165mm.
- Pedals: BMX FK platform.
- Rear hub: Sturmey Archer S2C Hub with 2 internal speeds and coaster brake.
- Cogs: 18T Included.
- Wheels: Santafixie aluminum double-walled 60mm profile.
- Tyres: Kenda Kwest 700c x 25.
- Handlebar: Riser, Bullhorn or Drop bar.
- Stem: Aluminum 31.8mm.
- Brake: Radius Type Caliper (front included).
- Saddle: San Marco Monza.
- Seat post: 27.2mm.
- Bottom bracket: Neco B910 103mm.
- Weight: 11.5 kgs (52cm).
The aesthetics of a two-speed fixie is the solution for those who have significant slopes in their daily commutes. In any fixie you can play around with the gear ratio, mounting a smaller crankset and a larger sprocket, but this negatively influences the cadence in plain or downhill. The Sturmey Archer S2C 2-speed internal hub allows us to climb unevenly in a comfortable way and at the same time achieve a good speed in plain without nearly any inconveniences. It increases the weight of the bicycle a little, by approximately one kg, and you cannot install a rear brake.
- Brand: Fuji
- Model: Absolute 1.7 Graphite 2020
- Price: £575.00
The new range of Fuji 2020 city bikes is just brilliant, but we want to highlight the Absolute 1.7. Mounted in aluminium, it features Shimano Alivio triple-plate gearbox with Tektro M280 mechanical disc brakes and Kenda Journey tires. The total weight stays at an acceptable 12 kg.
- Main frame: Fuji A2-SL custom butted alloy with replacable hanger
- Fork:Fuji A1 alloy
- Crankset:Shimano Acera, 48/36/26T with chainguard
- Bottom bracket:Sealed cartridge
- Pedals:Resin platform
- Front Derailleur:Shimano Altus
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano Alivio
- Shifters:Shimano Acera EF652, EZ Fire, 3×9-speed
- Cassette:Shimano Acera, 11-32T
- Chain:KMC X9
- Wheelset:Alex double wall rims 32h, stainless spokes
- Tires:Kenda Journey, 700x32c with K-shield flat protection
- Brakeset:Tektro M280 mechanical disc, 160mm rotors
- Brake levers:Shimano EF652
- Headset:1 1/8” semi-integrated
- Handlebar:Alloy, 20mm rise
- Stem:Alloy, 17°
- Tape/Grip:Velo comfort sport
- Saddle:Selle Royal Milo+
- Seat post:Alloy, 27.2mm
- Derailleur hanger:D045
- Weight:12.1 kg
It may seem like a normal bicycle, but the Fuji Absolute 1.7 has everything to accomplish in the city, in the countryside and even in the mountains. The triple plate, which very few bicycles have right now, allows us to climb any slope no matter how hard it is and go downhill very fast (if that’s what we want). The Tektro mechanical disc brakes will give us safety with an extraordinary braking force in any kind of weather condition. The tire clearance of both the fork and the rear wheel is generous, so if one day we want to mount tires with a more aggressive pattern and therefore more grip we can do it without any problem. In short, the Fuji Absolute 1.7 is a bike for everything.
- Brand: BLB
- Model: Classic Commuter 3v Horizon Blue
- Price: £599.00
Second BLB bike that sneaks into our TOP10 of urban bikes. In this case it is the BLB Classic Commuter 3V. We could say that it is a mix of the BLB Beetle and the Raval 2v. It has a classic geometry frame made of Cr-Mo steel, chrome details such as the seat post, the handlebars, brake calipers, crankset, wheels, and a 3-speed Shimano Nexus internal hub. Mounted with the WTB Thickslick tyres in 700x28c, which is not usual.
- Frame: Cr-Mo 4130 Double Butted Alloy- Ideal balance of low weight and durability.
- Fork: Cr-Mo 4130 Alloy, BLB Flat Crown.
- Bottom Bracket: Tange Sealed cartridge 68mm x 107mm.
- Crankset: BLB Alloy, 48T*165mm.
- Shifters: Shimano Nexus Revo.
- Pedals: Alloy Track.
- Hubs: front lightweight Aluminium (sealed), rear Shimano Nexus 3spd internal.
- Wheels: Aluminium double wall rims, 30mm deep.
- Tyres: Thickslick 700 x 28C.
- Seatpost: Alloy, diametre 27,2mm.
- Saddle: BLB Raven (vegan leather).
- Stem: BLB Lil Quill 80mm.
- Handlebars: Alloy Riser Bars.
- Brakes (front and rear included): Alloy brake calipers.
- Weight: 10,7kg.
As well as the Raval 2v, the BLB Classic Commuter 3v has an internal hub, in this case with 3 gears, which allows us to maintain a clean, very “fixie” look, and at the same time to have a gear ratio to ride perfectly under any situation. Its classic look is perfectly combined with a flat handlebar, a kind of handlebar more common in commuter type bicycles, giving it a very peculiar and characteristic look. Thickslick tyres are not usually seen in common assemblies, the price of each separately is about € 30, so it is thumb up for the Classic Commuter. In short, it is a very useful bike for intensive urban commute, with an original look and quality rather than proven in its components.
- Brand: Pelago
- Model: Bristol Black
- Price: £459.00
The Pelago Bristol, and every Pelago bicycles, have been designed and manufactured with the aim tho make them last until the year 2050. The Bristol model is a high-bar bike, with classic geometry and vintage details. Built on steel frame, it has a 10 year guarantee on the paint work. It is available in 3 selectable models at the time of purchase: freewheel with coaster brake, 3 speeds with coaster brake or 3 speeds with front and rear caliper brake.
- 3 Models:
- a) Freewheel with coaster brake.
- b) 3 speeds with coaster brake.
- c) 3 speeds with front and rear caliper brake.
- d) 8 speeds with front and rear caliper brake.
- Frame sizes: 56 cm / 61 cm.
- Frame and Fork: TIG welded steel, powder coating, 10 years warranty.
- Fork: 1” Threaded fork, steel. 5 years warranty.
- Drivetrain: Shimano 1-coaster, NX3-CR, NX3-RR.
- Tyres: Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 37/622 (with puncture protection).
- Saddle: Brooks B17 honey.
- Handlebar: Pelago Parisian Steel L.
- Crankset: Aluminium with integrated chainguard, 170 mm, 44d.
- Brake levers / shifter: Tektro / Shimano Nexus.
- Brakes: Shimano coaster brake or Tektro R559 road type (3 speeds).
- Rear wheel: with possibility of freewheel (Shimano 19d), 3 speeds.
- Hubs: Modus / Shimano.
- Wheels: 28″ (622) double-walled polished and anodised 6061-T6 alloy.
- Tyres: Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 622-37 with anti-puncture protection.
- Stem: Pelago 40 mm.
- Seatpost: Polished 27,2 mm.
- Mudguards: Galvanised and powder-coated steel 50 mm.
- Accessories: Reflectors, kickstand and bell.
La Pelago Bristol es la elegancia hecha bicicleta. Evoca a las bicis de los años 30 y 40, con manillar cruiser, guardabarros, sillín clásico Brooks B-17 y elementos en cromado. También incluye de serie elementos reflectantes, caballete y timbre. La Pelago Bristol nos encanta, no solo por su diseño clásico, sinó también por su geometría, que nos permite adoptar una posición erguida, muy cómoda y segura ya que podemos ver por encima del tráfico.
- Brand: FabricBike
- Model: Classic Matte Black
- Price: £314.10
Classic but modern. The FabrickBike City Classic Matte Black 7v is a mix of a modern urban frame with classic elements, keeping the total weight at just 11.85 kg in size 54. Made of steel tubeset, it has a 7-speed Shimano SIS gear and single chainring.
- Frame & Fork: Hi-Ten steel tubes with internal wiring.
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed. Cartridge 68mm x 105mm.
- Handlebar: 25.4mm polished aluminium with Eco-Leather grips..
- Stem: Forged aluminium. 25.4mm clamp.
- Gear Shifters: Shimano SIS INDEX.
- Wheels: Aluminum double wall with standard profile.
- Tyres: Kenda 700x28C.
- Front hub: Aluminium sealed bearings, .
- Rear hub: Aluminum sealed bearing. 14Gx36H 3/8”,.
- Crankset: 3-piece forged aluminium. 44T x 170mm.
- Chain: KMC 410.
- Brakes: Polished aluminium brake calliper with 22.2mm lever.
- Seatpost: Forged aluminium.
- Saddle: Fabric City Classic Eco-Leather.
- Pedals: Wellgo nylon platform with rubber grips.
- Weight: 11,85 kg (size 53).
- Includes: Kickstand, fenders, and reflectors.
- Optional extra: Front basket with cup holder and/or rear rack.
The FabricBike Classic Matte is the affordable urban and ride bike. For only £314.10 you have a light bike (taking into account the type of bike it is) to make your daily commutes to work and also to enjoy riding it during the weekend. With the 7 speeds you will have more than enough to face any urban slope and you will not get too wet thanks to the fenders when it rains.
- Brand: FabricBike
- Model: Commuter
- Price: £359.10
Another bike for everything. In this case even to have fun in the mountains. The FabricBike Commuter is a commuter bicycle, as its name indicates, for daily commutes around the city, but its wide tyre clearance allows gravel-kind tyres to be installed, with which it is possible to ride unpaved paths and roads without any inconvenience. It also features SRAM quality parts, such as the rear derailleur, and WTB saddle and tyres, specifically the 32c Slick Comp.
- Frame: Chromoly 4130, tapered tubes.
- Fork:Chromoly 4130 with eyelets for racks.
- Gear shifter: SRAM® X4 (8 speeds).
- Rear derailleur: SRAM® X3.
- Brake levers: Tektro® 289A.
- Handlebar: 620mm FabricBike.
- Wheels: Aluminum 25mm profile, FabricBike.
- Tyres: WTB® Slick Comp 700 x 32C.
- Hubs: Neco, aluminium, sealed bearings.
- Crankset: Aluminium cranks and chainring of 42 teeth with chain guard.
- Brakes: Tektro® M280 disc brakes.
- Stem: Promax MA-409 aluminium.
- Saddle: WTB® Comfort V.
- Weight: 13,75kg.
For less than £360 you have in the FabricBike Commuter a bicycle to start cycling, to go to work and to go out on weekends. It is not the lightest bike on the market, but we do not believe it is an inconvenience for the type of use given to this commuter bike. It is robust, with a good finish and has quality components. Security is provided by the Tektro M280 mechanical brake discs. For us it is an excellent bicycle option.
- Brand: 6KU
- Model: Canvas Disc Deep Forest
- Price: £425.00
The 6KU Canvas Disc Deep Forest is a safe bet. For those who do not want complications, for those who want to ride a bike without worrying about it, it is the perfect bike. The Canvas is mounted on an aluminum frame, it has holes in the fork to mount panniers, 8-speed gears with triple chainring and mechanical disc brakes as outstanding elements. There is also available the version with caliper brakes type brakes, cheaper. And the same version in Silver finish with disc brakes.
- Frame: Premium Aluminium Alloy
- Fork: Steel, Fender/ Rack mounts
- Headset: 1 1/8 Black Alloy Threadless Headset
- Stem: 25.4mm clamp, Alloy
- Handlebar: Forged alloy riser 25.4*580mm
- Handlebar grips: Velo Comfort Gel Grips
- Seat post: Alloy 27.2*350mm
- Saddle: Velo Fitness saddle
- Pedals: Alloy Fitness Platform
- Bottom Bracket: Neco Square Taper Sealed cartridge BB
- Chainring/Crank: Prowheel 48*38*28T 170mm Alloy
- Chain: KMC Z72
- Front/Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tourney TX51/ Shimano Altus
- Cassette: Sunrace 8-speed, 11-34T
- Wheels: 700c Double Wall 6061 Aluminium
- Hubs: Novatec, 9mm QR/ Novatec, 8S Cassette, QR
- Tires: Freedom Wedge 700x32C, 30TPI
- Tubes: Kenda 700 x 28c Presta Valve
- Spokes: 14G Stainless steel w/ brass nipples
- Brakes: front & rear mechanical disc brakes.
- Shifters: Shimano EF51, EZ Fire 8-Speed
- Weight: 26 lbs (Small)
This is the bike you would find at any hotel. The kind of bicycle that goes well on any terrains and situations. It does not require much maintenance beyond greasing and repairing an eventual flat tire. The 6KU Canvas Deep Forest is the bike that is always ready to use..
30 TIPS AND TRICKS FOR ZWIFT26 March, 2020
New Cinelli Zydeco 202023 January, 2020
The secret weapon of British Cycling for Tokyo 20205 November, 2019
A steel bicycle in the 2019 Tour de France30 July, 2019